Hi, I’m Andrew Uhring. I’m a sophomore majoring in Political Science and Economics. I serve as an At-Large Representative and Vice Chair of the Facilities Committee for the UPUA. During my time in the UPUA, I’ve fought for the protection of international students, advocated for lower education costs at the Pennsylvania General Assembly, and promoted greater state appropriations for Penn State. I also serve in the University Park Allocation Committee as a Sub-Committee Chair. In this role, I help distribute student money to student clubs to help them put on programs and travel to conferences. Finally, I serve as the Chief of Staff of the Penn State College Democrats, the Deputy Director of Communications for the Pennsylvania College Democrats, and a Communications Assistant for the National College Democrats.
I’d be honored to continue to serve as your representative to the university’s administration.
- Increasing Civic Engagement
- Young adults are one of the biggest demographics in our country and are also one that votes the least. If young adults voted, they could decide elections. I think it’s time that we take advantage of that power and start doing what’s right for us.
- Greater State Appropriations
- Penn State has the second highest in-state tuition of any university that receives public funding. Pitt has the highest (figures). I think that’s absurd. If I’m reelected, I’ll continue our “We Are With Funding” campaign to advocate to the Pennsylvania General Assembly that Penn State needs more state money to keep tuition frozen.
- Gender Neutral Housing
- I believe everyone has a right to feel welcomed and comfortable at Penn State. That’s why I’m going to fight for gender-neutral housing. My vision is that people will be able to mutually agree to share a room without regard to the gender of the occupants.
College Democrats: 2 hours a week
Pennsylvania College Democrats: 2 hours a week
College Democrats of America: 2 hours a week