Hello! I’m Brad Edwards, a freshman studying Political Science and Economics. I’m from Yardley, Pennsylvania. On Campus, I am involved in UPUA and the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity. I hope that as your At-Large Representative, I’ll be able to represent each and every one of you in bettering the school and creating a positive and inclusive environment. I want everyone to get the most out of their college experience here at Penn State.
- At Penn State, every dorm room has a specific, pre-posted signage with contact information for the University Police, in both emergency and non-emergency contexts. However, I believe safety issues reach far beyond the reaches of just Police emergencies. Instead, it must be mandated that students should have convenient access to the contacts of CAPS, Suicide Prevention Hotlines, Center for Women’s Health and the local Hospital in the form of signage inside dorm room doors.
- I have had many constituents reach out to me that the Wi-Fi in certain areas of campus was not up to par. I want to implement a messaging system that connects the students to ResCom and IT services on campus. This way, students can text ResCom and IT services informing them of where they are having Wi-Fi trouble instead of a student having to walk all the way to one of their offices.
- I think that building a diverse and inclusive environment here at Penn State is one of the most important goals of the Student Government and every single student. I want to mandate every New Student Orientation to include a forum discussion on the topic of building diversity and inclusion at Penn State.
Other Involvement/ Time Commitments:
- Brother/ Risk Committee Member of Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity
- Member of the Liberal Arts Undergraduate Council