My name is Julius Holbert and I am a freshman from Sherman Pennsylvania. I am double majoring in Computer Science, and Security Risk Analysis. I am passionate about Penn State and I really would like the ability to improve the life of students on this campus. I hope you will give me this opportunity!
As someone who is new to the Penn State community, it is easy for me to identify areas where things can be improved. By making small changes to campus and the logistics of its operation, I feel as if we can greatly improve the quality of life for everyone. Current issues that I feel are negatively impacting campus is the utilization of the recreational facilities, Affordability, and information available to students.
- Penn state needs to extend its hours for the gyms
- The Natatorium needs to be more available to students
- Need better way to disseminate information about facilities
- UHS needs to have better hours and be open on weekends
- We need to find a way to keep costs low, and to give more opportunities to students from lower income families
- Book lending program should be implemented
- Information available to students:
- The resources the university offers have to be better promoted
- Website should be created that will help students find resources for things such as free university tutoring, university led study groups, The Libraries, and emotional and psychological services
- Academic advisor hours need to be improved
- Army ROTC
- Co-managing an application development company